Posts tagged signal boost
Posts tagged signal boost
PUNJAMMIES™ are made by women in India rescued from forced prostitution seeking to rebuild their lives. Proceeds from the sales of PUNJAMMIES™ provide fair-trade wages, savings accounts, and holistic recovery care.
THESE are gorgeous and I want some
jesus these look COMFORTABLE
another clothing art theft story i can add to my list. the popular online clothing store Romwe has decided to steal my artwork without permission for a new sweater design. (it’s a re-coloring of my original artwork which can be seen here.) just so you know: i’m not making a penny off of this! please do NOT buy this item, and if you can/feel like it, spread the word about what jerks Romwe are :(
Guh … more online stores ripping off artists >.<
signal boost the heck out of this!
What Happened to the Computer Girls?
Believe it or not, in the 1960’s, programming was seen as women’s work. It was even touted as being “just like planning a dinner”.
So what happened?
Eventually male programmers wanted to raise their status above “women’s work”. So they actively discouraged women from these positions, designed hiring tests rigged for men, and even created the stereotype that programmers are disinterested in people. No wonder in the years since, it’s still a male dominated field. Women earned only 18% of the computer science degrees awarded in 2008-2011.
Alright ladies, we need to bust this myth. It’s been too long. Find organizations like Scientista or Sally Ride Science that help encourage women and girls in STEM interests. Find mentors and connect with other women interested in STEM.
Please re-blog because as someone who works in the field— this is something you want to know beforehand.
your local vets might offer reduced rates for some people too and a lot of them have websites nowadays so it’s worth a quick check
This is awesome.
Honestly if I didn’t have animal companions throughout my life, I probably wouldn’t be here. They don’t care how white, black, or whatever I am or am not.
Truly unconditional love.
This cat is currently living somewhere he’s not supposed to be, and we’d really like him to get out!
Fez came to the vet clinic where I work to be put to sleep because he urinated outside the litterbox and his owners did not want to deal with it anymore. He was so sweet we couldn’t do it! He’s been living at the clinic ever since, but he really needs his own home. Fez is a huge cuddlebug who likes being by your side, snuggling, and giving lovebites. He doesn’t do well in his cage by himself and has started barbering himself.
Fez was 23 lbs. when he came to us, but he’s dropped to a svelte 19 after being on a diet. He’s a big ol’ squishy guy with the cutest little bob tail. He hasn’t had any behavioral issues since he’s been here. We think he would do best in a home without small children (we believe the former owner’s kids were terrorizing him, and that’s why he didn’t use the litterbox.)
Unfortunately, we did find a tumor on his side that will eventually need to be removed surgically. I am currently gathering donations for that procedure to hopefully help his chances of adoption.
And if you live in the WV/MD/VA area and are interested in adopting a really sweet, charismatic cat, email me at email@example.com.
The Animal Rescue Site is having trouble getting enough people to click on it daily so they can meet their quota of getting FREE FOOD donated every day to abused and neglected animals in their shelters.
It takes less than a minute (only about 15 seconds actually) to go to their site and click on the purple box titled, ‘Click Here to Give - it’s FREE!’. Every click gives about .6 bowls of food to sheltered dogs. You can also click daily!
Keep in mind that this does not cost you a thing. Their corporate sponsors/advertisers use the number of daily visits to donate food to abandoned/neglected animals in exchange for advertising. [via.]
Go to the website here.
- Suicide Hotline: 1-800-SUICIDE (2433) – Can use in US, U.K., Canada and Singapore
- Suicide Crisis Line: 1-800-999-9999
- National Suicide Prevention Helpline: 1-800-273-TALK (8245)
- National Adolescent Suicide Helpline: 1-800-621-4000
- Postpartum Depression: 1-800-PPD-MOMS
- NDMDA Depression Hotline – Support Group: 1-800-826-3632
- Veterans: 1-877-VET2VET
- Crisis Help Line – For Any Kind of Crisis: 1-800-233-4357
- Suicide & Depression Crisis Line – Covenant House: 1-800-999-9999
- Survivors of Bereavement by Suicide: (UK only) 0844-561-6855
- Beyondblue info line: (Australia only) 1300-22-4636
- 24/7 Crisis Line:(Canada only) 905-522-1477
- Lifeline Australia: 13-11-14
- National Child Abuse Helpline: 1-800-422-4453
- National Domestic Violence Crisis Line: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233)
- National Domestic Violence Hotline (TDD): 1-800-787-32324
- Center for the Prevention of School Violence: 1-800-299-6504
- Child Abuse Helpline: 1-800-4-A-CHILD (1-800-422-4453)
- Domestic Violence Helpline: 1-800-548-2722
- Healing Woman Foundation (Abuse): 1-800-477-4111
- Child Abuse Hotline Support & Information: 1-800-792-5200
- Women’s Aid National Domestic Violence Helpline: (UK Only) 0345 023 468
- Sexual Abuse Centre: (UK Only) 0117 935 1707
- Sexual Assault Support (24/7, English & Spanish): 1-800-223-5001
- Domestic & Teen Dating Violence (English & Spanish: 1-800-992-2600
- Relationships Australia: 1300-364-277
Alcohol & Drug Abuse:
- National Association for Children of Alcoholics: 1-888-55-4COAS (1-888-554-2627)
- National Drug Abuse: 1-800-662-HELP (4357)
- Al-Anon/Alateen Hope & Help for young people who are the relatives & friends of a problem drinker): 1-800-344-2666
- Alcohol/Drug Abuse Hotline: 1-800-662-HELP (4357)
- Be Sober Hotline: 1-800-BE-SOBER (1-800-237-6237)
- Cocaine Help Line: 1-800-COCAINE (1-800-262-2463)
- 24 Hour Cocaine Support Line: 1-800-992-9239
- Ecstasy Addiction: 1-800-468-6933
- Marijuana Anonymous: 1-800-766-6779
Youth & Teen Hotlines:
- National Youth Crisis Support: 1-800-448-4663
- Youth America Hotline: 1-877-YOUTHLINE (1-877-968-8454)
- Covenant House Nine-Line (Teens): 1-800-999-9999
- Boys Town National: 1-800-448-3000
- Teen Helpline: 1-800-400-0900
- TeenLine: 1-800-522-8336
- Youth Crisis Support: 1-800-448-4663 or 1-800-422-0009
- Runaway Support (All Calls are Confidential): 800-231-694
- National Runaway Hotline: (US only) 1800-231-6946
- Child Helpline: (UK Only) 0800-111
- Kids Helpline: (Australia) 1800-55-1800
- Youth to Youth: (UK only) 020-8896-3675
- Kids Help Phone Canada: 1800-688-6868
- National Youth Crisis Hotline:(US only) 800-442-442-4673
- AAA Crisis Pregnancy Center: 1-800-560-0717
- Pregnancy Support: 1-800-4-OPTIONS (1-800-467-8466)
- Pregnancy National Helpline: 1-800-356-5761
- Young Pregnant Support: 1-800 550-4900
Gay and Lesbian Hotlines:
- The Trevor Helpline (For homosexuality questions or problems): 1-800-850-8078
- Gay & Lesbian National Support: 1-888-THE-GLNH (1-888-843-4564)
- Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgender (GLBT) Youth Support Line: 1-800-850-8078
- Lesbian & Gay Switchboard: (UK Only) 0121 622 6589
- Lothian Gay & Lesbian Switchboard – Scotland: (Scotland Only) 0131 556 4049
- Self-Injury Support: 1-800-DONT CUT (1-800-366-8288) (www.selfinjury.com)
- Eating Disorders Awareness and Prevention: 1-800-931-2237 (Hours: 8am-noon daily, PST)
- Eating Disorders Center: 1-888-236-1188
- Help Finding a Therapist: 1-800-THERAPIST (1-800-843-7274)
- Panic Disorder Information and Support: 1-800-64-PANIC (1-800-647-2642)
- TalkZone (Peer Counselors): 1-800-475-TALK (1-800-475-2855)
- Parental Stress Hotline: 1-800-632-8188
- Parent Help Line (Australia only): 1300-364-100
- National AIDS Helpline: (UK Only) 0800 567 123
- Mensline Australia: 1300-789-978
Want a country by country list? Here are some more resources: helplines
The following sites also provides a country by country list of helplines available:
Instead of teaching teens not to rape, the U.S. Attorney wants to teach them not to get caught.
Let that sink all the way in. Then check your voter registration again.
This is rape culture at work: The very people who are in charge of enforcing our laws look at a cruel, brutal attack on a young girl and think, “If only the teens hadn’t posted photographic evidence online.”
A sincere documentary filmed in Chicago about economic, gender-based, and racial representation in the comics industry.
WHY HASN’T TUMBLR BLASTED THIS YET?
My friend and her team spent a lot of time putting together an interesting and thought-out documentary about representation in the comic industry. I know a lot of us would love to see it get good press.
There’s only 3 days to go and they still need about $6,000… I’m trying to help out a bit with getting some more word out there. ;u;/
Reblogs help to get the word out!! x
Go Batfans go!
Always reblog. Always.
I love Melissa Harris Perry
In the past month, my family’s life has been turned upside down. I am a domestic violence survivor and have been raising my five year old son alone since the day he was born. Death threats, harassment, and continued emotional abuse drove me to obtain a restraining order against my ex-husband. Shortly thereafter he filed for emergency custody of my son in South Carolina, and after dealing with jurisdictional issues, I was ordered to “return” my son to an abusive father he’s had very little contact with.
I am not being allowed to bring evidence to my defense, I am not allowed to see my son for a month, I am not allowed to contact him regularly and we have NEVER spent this much time apart.
The judge and attorneys have made it clear that my queer, “immoral lifestyle” is worse than being with an abusive father and that I should prepare myself for the worst.
I need help.
My rights as a parent and as a human being are being denied and I need to hire an attorney with experience in gay rights issues and family law. Retainers/fees are generally between $5,000-$10,000 and I cannot afford that. My son and I live in Massachusetts and we are being denied the right to go back home together.
Please help if you can by donating or spreading this around, any little bit counts.
http://www.gofundme.com/3scfjw ::updated with link, sorry.
this is so horrible
This is my dog, Lily. My sister and I bought her, without my dads permission and brought her home as a puppy about a year ago. My dad hates her, but me & my 2 sisters love her to death. This dog helps me cope with my depression and shes always great company to my sisters and I. My dad describes her as “tolerable.” Today, after having this dog for over a year, my dad is saying she needs to go, while he is angry at us for bringing her home, she has become part of the family and we can’t get rid of her, it’s too painful. After begging my dad for a while, he was still stuck on getting rid of her. I mentioned tumblr as a final option, and surprisingly he agreed to it. If I can get 200,000 notes by the end of July, we can keep her. He thinks it’s impossible, but I have faith. I’ve seen tumblr do it before. Please guys help me, I love this dog more than myself. Please oh please :c
ALL OF MY FOLLOWERS BETTER REBLOG THIS
REBLOG THIS SHIT NOW GUYS
This is Sally, who is currently waiting to find her forever home at the Orlando SPCA. I don’t know her story, but I do know that she’s a very unique 8-year old polydactyl (6 or more claws on each paw). I visit the shelter often and have met a lot of older cats like Sally trying to find homes, but something about Sally stuck out to me. I don’t know what it is, but Sally just has an aura about her.
When I first met Sally, she was hiding behind one of the climbing fixtures in her enclosure. The shelter staff told me that she was “skittish”, “weird”, and “doesn’t like people.” Undeterred, I opened the door and went inside. By the time the door shut behind me, Sally was out from her hiding place and sniffing me curiously. Within minutes, she was curled up on the floor against my leg, purring softly as I massaged her ears. The staff and volunteers that walked by while I was spending time with Sally were giving me weird looks, like they’d never seen Sally act like that before. Finally, one of the volunteers crouched down to talk to me through the fence. “Isn’t she beautiful?” she said. “If Sally lets you get to know her, you’ll never forget her.”
This is why I’m trying to get the word out about Sally. If you live in the Orlando, FL area and have room in your heart and maybe even home for an incredibly unique feline, consider visiting Sally at the Orlando SPCA and seeing if she will let you get to know her. She’s one beautiful girl inside and out.
This is what we hear from Minnesota politicians all the time: that raising the minimum wage would “kill jobs.”
The exact opposite is true. SHARE to spread the word: http://bit.ly/11CBKTB