Posts tagged signal boost
Posts tagged signal boost
So the Guardians of the Galaxy trailer was sweet. We all love Rocket Raccoon. He’s a raccoon that shoots a gun, after all! Who could say no to that?
But he didn’t spring, fully formed, from the ether, despite what people may think happens with artwork on Tumblr. He was…
So I’d love to have some more Sheldon merchandise made but, I want to find out what people actually want and importantly, would actually buy. Some of these things can be expensive to make so please be honest as to whether you would be willing to spend your own money or not.
(I will be reblogging this throughout the next few days to get as much feedback as possible so I apologize in advance >w<)
Hasbro, now that Princess Molestia has been taken down, you have an incredibly important job to do
you NEED to take this opportunity to make a MLP episode or supplementary material about the inexcusable nature of…
lemonteaflower (aka livethef**gotry the person attempting to capitalize off a comic based on a photo of a white RCMP cop and a bear that was euthanized irl) is seriously really awful she only changed her url to get people to stop complaining and made fun of them…
hi guys, your lovely blog moderator here. last night we found this very friendly cat in our neighborhood and decided to take him inside because it was below freezing out. i took him to the vet this morning and he has no microchip but he is neutered. i’m really hoping that someone comes forward but i want to start looking for a new home for him just in case. we will keep him for the next couple days so that he can have a nice Christmas but we can’t keep him beyond that because we already have two cats. i’m going to explore if we could get him registered through the city’s TNR program or take him to the humane society but i want to avoid taking him to the city shelter.
we live on the northwest side of indianapolis and i’m willing to go meet you anywhere within the city limits if you’re willing to take him. i am asking for a $20 rehoming fee - this is for his protection, not to line my pockets. he appears healthy aside from the healing wound on his face, but we have no idea about how up to date on shots he may or may not be. he’s fully grown, but i’m not sure exactly how old. he still has his claws and is incredibly loving.
This is Fuzzball, affectionately known as Fooz, Foozhead, Foozface…you get the picture. He adopted me in Huntsville, AL (literally walked in through my living room patio door and made himself at home) and when I made the move back to New Jersey in order to live with my family and get on top of my debt, he moved with me.
Unfortunately, he couldn’t stay with me due to family allergies, so a friend was good enough to watch him for the past 5 months. It was only supposed to be a few months before I would get my own place and we would be reunited.
Things have not exactly worked out as planned. I’m still not quite ready to move out, but my friend is now losing her apartment at the end of the year and Fooz has no place to go. None of my family can take him due to allergies, and none of my friends are capable either.
I want nothing more than to keep him, he means the world to me. But I think that moving him around from home to home and having to get used to new surroundings and new people and pets every few months is cruel. So unless another good temporary situation miraculously pops up (which is not looking likely), I will have to give him up. I’m looking at some adoption agencies but they are all so overwhelmed that I’m not counting on it.
To give him to a shelter would kill me, and if I didn’t know that the home he was going to would never let him end up there I wouldn’t be able to sleep at night. I want him to go to a home who will love him for the rest of his life.
He is a neutered, fully vaccinated, very healthy and approximately 3 year old male tuxedo who is located in New Jersey. I have never seen him around children or dogs, but he loves everyone he meets once he gets to know them. He has had minimal experience with other cats, so I don’t really know what to say about that.
Please boost this. I’m frankly desperate.
PUNJAMMIES™ are made by women in India rescued from forced prostitution seeking to rebuild their lives. Proceeds from the sales of PUNJAMMIES™ provide fair-trade wages, savings accounts, and holistic recovery care.
THESE are gorgeous and I want some
jesus these look COMFORTABLE
another clothing art theft story i can add to my list. the popular online clothing store Romwe has decided to steal my artwork without permission for a new sweater design. (it’s a re-coloring of my original artwork which can be seen here.) just so you know: i’m not making a penny off of this! please do NOT buy this item, and if you can/feel like it, spread the word about what jerks Romwe are :(
Guh … more online stores ripping off artists >.<
signal boost the heck out of this!
What Happened to the Computer Girls?
Believe it or not, in the 1960’s, programming was seen as women’s work. It was even touted as being “just like planning a dinner”.
So what happened?
Eventually male programmers wanted to raise their status above “women’s work”. So they actively discouraged women from these positions, designed hiring tests rigged for men, and even created the stereotype that programmers are disinterested in people. No wonder in the years since, it’s still a male dominated field. Women earned only 18% of the computer science degrees awarded in 2008-2011.
Alright ladies, we need to bust this myth. It’s been too long. Find organizations like Scientista or Sally Ride Science that help encourage women and girls in STEM interests. Find mentors and connect with other women interested in STEM.
Please re-blog because as someone who works in the field— this is something you want to know beforehand.
your local vets might offer reduced rates for some people too and a lot of them have websites nowadays so it’s worth a quick check
This is awesome.
Honestly if I didn’t have animal companions throughout my life, I probably wouldn’t be here. They don’t care how white, black, or whatever I am or am not.
Truly unconditional love.
This cat is currently living somewhere he’s not supposed to be, and we’d really like him to get out!
Fez came to the vet clinic where I work to be put to sleep because he urinated outside the litterbox and his owners did not want to deal with it anymore. He was so sweet we couldn’t do it! He’s been living at the clinic ever since, but he really needs his own home. Fez is a huge cuddlebug who likes being by your side, snuggling, and giving lovebites. He doesn’t do well in his cage by himself and has started barbering himself.
Fez was 23 lbs. when he came to us, but he’s dropped to a svelte 19 after being on a diet. He’s a big ol’ squishy guy with the cutest little bob tail. He hasn’t had any behavioral issues since he’s been here. We think he would do best in a home without small children (we believe the former owner’s kids were terrorizing him, and that’s why he didn’t use the litterbox.)
Unfortunately, we did find a tumor on his side that will eventually need to be removed surgically. I am currently gathering donations for that procedure to hopefully help his chances of adoption.
And if you live in the WV/MD/VA area and are interested in adopting a really sweet, charismatic cat, email me at email@example.com.
The Animal Rescue Site is having trouble getting enough people to click on it daily so they can meet their quota of getting FREE FOOD donated every day to abused and neglected animals in their shelters.
It takes less than a minute (only about 15 seconds actually) to go to their site and click on the purple box titled, ‘Click Here to Give - it’s FREE!’. Every click gives about .6 bowls of food to sheltered dogs. You can also click daily!
Keep in mind that this does not cost you a thing. Their corporate sponsors/advertisers use the number of daily visits to donate food to abandoned/neglected animals in exchange for advertising. [via.]
Go to the website here.
- Suicide Hotline: 1-800-SUICIDE (2433) – Can use in US, U.K., Canada and Singapore
- Suicide Crisis Line: 1-800-999-9999
- National Suicide Prevention Helpline: 1-800-273-TALK (8245)
- National Adolescent Suicide Helpline: 1-800-621-4000
- Postpartum Depression: 1-800-PPD-MOMS
- NDMDA Depression Hotline – Support Group: 1-800-826-3632
- Veterans: 1-877-VET2VET
- Crisis Help Line – For Any Kind of Crisis: 1-800-233-4357
- Suicide & Depression Crisis Line – Covenant House: 1-800-999-9999
- Survivors of Bereavement by Suicide: (UK only) 0844-561-6855
- Beyondblue info line: (Australia only) 1300-22-4636
- 24/7 Crisis Line:(Canada only) 905-522-1477
- Lifeline Australia: 13-11-14
- National Child Abuse Helpline: 1-800-422-4453
- National Domestic Violence Crisis Line: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233)
- National Domestic Violence Hotline (TDD): 1-800-787-32324
- Center for the Prevention of School Violence: 1-800-299-6504
- Child Abuse Helpline: 1-800-4-A-CHILD (1-800-422-4453)
- Domestic Violence Helpline: 1-800-548-2722
- Healing Woman Foundation (Abuse): 1-800-477-4111
- Child Abuse Hotline Support & Information: 1-800-792-5200
- Women’s Aid National Domestic Violence Helpline: (UK Only) 0345 023 468
- Sexual Abuse Centre: (UK Only) 0117 935 1707
- Sexual Assault Support (24/7, English & Spanish): 1-800-223-5001
- Domestic & Teen Dating Violence (English & Spanish: 1-800-992-2600
- Relationships Australia: 1300-364-277
Alcohol & Drug Abuse:
- National Association for Children of Alcoholics: 1-888-55-4COAS (1-888-554-2627)
- National Drug Abuse: 1-800-662-HELP (4357)
- Al-Anon/Alateen Hope & Help for young people who are the relatives & friends of a problem drinker): 1-800-344-2666
- Alcohol/Drug Abuse Hotline: 1-800-662-HELP (4357)
- Be Sober Hotline: 1-800-BE-SOBER (1-800-237-6237)
- Cocaine Help Line: 1-800-COCAINE (1-800-262-2463)
- 24 Hour Cocaine Support Line: 1-800-992-9239
- Ecstasy Addiction: 1-800-468-6933
- Marijuana Anonymous: 1-800-766-6779
Youth & Teen Hotlines:
- National Youth Crisis Support: 1-800-448-4663
- Youth America Hotline: 1-877-YOUTHLINE (1-877-968-8454)
- Covenant House Nine-Line (Teens): 1-800-999-9999
- Boys Town National: 1-800-448-3000
- Teen Helpline: 1-800-400-0900
- TeenLine: 1-800-522-8336
- Youth Crisis Support: 1-800-448-4663 or 1-800-422-0009
- Runaway Support (All Calls are Confidential): 800-231-694
- National Runaway Hotline: (US only) 1800-231-6946
- Child Helpline: (UK Only) 0800-111
- Kids Helpline: (Australia) 1800-55-1800
- Youth to Youth: (UK only) 020-8896-3675
- Kids Help Phone Canada: 1800-688-6868
- National Youth Crisis Hotline:(US only) 800-442-442-4673
- AAA Crisis Pregnancy Center: 1-800-560-0717
- Pregnancy Support: 1-800-4-OPTIONS (1-800-467-8466)
- Pregnancy National Helpline: 1-800-356-5761
- Young Pregnant Support: 1-800 550-4900
Gay and Lesbian Hotlines:
- The Trevor Helpline (For homosexuality questions or problems): 1-800-850-8078
- Gay & Lesbian National Support: 1-888-THE-GLNH (1-888-843-4564)
- Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgender (GLBT) Youth Support Line: 1-800-850-8078
- Lesbian & Gay Switchboard: (UK Only) 0121 622 6589
- Lothian Gay & Lesbian Switchboard – Scotland: (Scotland Only) 0131 556 4049
- Self-Injury Support: 1-800-DONT CUT (1-800-366-8288) (www.selfinjury.com)
- Eating Disorders Awareness and Prevention: 1-800-931-2237 (Hours: 8am-noon daily, PST)
- Eating Disorders Center: 1-888-236-1188
- Help Finding a Therapist: 1-800-THERAPIST (1-800-843-7274)
- Panic Disorder Information and Support: 1-800-64-PANIC (1-800-647-2642)
- TalkZone (Peer Counselors): 1-800-475-TALK (1-800-475-2855)
- Parental Stress Hotline: 1-800-632-8188
- Parent Help Line (Australia only): 1300-364-100
- National AIDS Helpline: (UK Only) 0800 567 123
- Mensline Australia: 1300-789-978
Want a country by country list? Here are some more resources: helplines
The following sites also provides a country by country list of helplines available:
Instead of teaching teens not to rape, the U.S. Attorney wants to teach them not to get caught.
Let that sink all the way in. Then check your voter registration again.
This is rape culture at work: The very people who are in charge of enforcing our laws look at a cruel, brutal attack on a young girl and think, “If only the teens hadn’t posted photographic evidence online.”
A sincere documentary filmed in Chicago about economic, gender-based, and racial representation in the comics industry.
WHY HASN’T TUMBLR BLASTED THIS YET?
My friend and her team spent a lot of time putting together an interesting and thought-out documentary about representation in the comic industry. I know a lot of us would love to see it get good press.
There’s only 3 days to go and they still need about $6,000… I’m trying to help out a bit with getting some more word out there. ;u;/
Reblogs help to get the word out!! x
Go Batfans go!